20 Summer Outfits For When You Don't Know What To Wear
sewing the set 🌸
3) My Own Picnic B!tch The picnic/farmer's market aesthetic is very *trendy* on social media, and I thought I'd put my own spin on it. I styled a red dress with a tote bag. For some reason, farmer's markets always make me think of tote bags, and this one is so cute! It was handmade in Croatia, and I love the owls. To complete this vibrant look, I chose a scarf with perfectly matching colours.
painting the shirt
5) That Creamsicle Aesthetic If your family is the kind that blasts the AC, this outfit is for you. I now own two pieces of orange clothing, and I thought they made the cutest comfy set. I love this sweater, and the shorts have a great fit. I love the material, too. Does this look cute, or do I look like a creamsicle?
sewing the shirt
sewing the skirt
8) Beach Beach Baby While I can't picture somebody wearing this to a beach (you should be wearing a swimsuit, duh) I think the neutrals and especially the tan (sand) colours are very beach vacation chic. When I first think of summer I think of bright, vibrant colours, so I thought I'd style a completely neutral outfit. I opted for tans and whites, as other neutrals (such as black and gray) seem too dark for summer.
9) Safari Chic I always associate this orange colour with a safari guide, for whatever reason! I decided to go with it, pairing the shorts with a vintage-inspired off-white shirt. I'm guessing this outfit isn't very practical for safaris, though! 10) A Denim Jacket Nerd I was given this jacket to upcycle, but I think I'll keep it for myself :) I think the ombre effect is pretty cool, and blue always goes well with orange.
11) Sporty, but Very Very Chic I love this turquoise dress so much. However, it’s too fancy for my everyday life. I wanted to style it more casually. Are we up for the challenge? Definitely! These sneakers were an obvious match, and I added white sports socks. To cover up the pretty detailing around the neck I added a plain tank top. Mission accomplished!
12) Stealing from my School Uniform (Again) Everyone who knows me has heard me complain about my school uniform. Yet I still style some of the pieces in blog posts! I think white collared shirts look cool when worn open over a dress. I love this girly and preppy juxtaposition!
13) Oh, I'm just Chilling at the Cottage This cardigan is too big for me, leaving quite a wide neckline. It’s very casual and trendy with a tank top layered underneath. This outfit is very, I’m at the cottage! Or, I’m reading in a hammock! Quite casual and nice. 14) Brunch Lunch Now I styled this cardigan underneath something - under a dress. My dress has thin straps, and the cardigan sleeves are low, resulting in a cold-shoulder look.
15) The Froyo Queen Last summer, I wore this blue shirt ties over the lilac dress all the time. The pastel shades are innocent and sweet, and I decided to finish the look with my pastel shoes and beaded bracelets. However, this gives me Shopkins vibes for some reason. Did anyone else like Shopkins? I remembered my favourite Shopkins was the pastel froyo set.
16) Sleepaway Day I've only been to sleepaway camp once, and from my experience this is the classic summer camp look. The tye-dye shirt and the friendship bracelets should be listed as synonyms in the dictionary for "summer camp." I completed this look with casual denim shorts and my sunglasses case. That isn't really an accessory, but the design matches the patch on the shorts in a pleasing way.
DIYing the sweater vest
19) Soft Girl at the Spa For me, the summer colour palette is very bright and loud. I like it, but for a softer aesthetic I styled a lilac gingham dress with a cute vest. Honestly, I didn't like this vest when I first made it, but styled like this I think it's super cute!
20) City Shopping I think gray is a nice shade for a city-chic look, but it can look a little dull. The floral skirt is very vibrant and fresh; the yellow shirt is oh so sweet. I made sure to end off this blog post with one of my favourite looks.
Thank you so much for reading! Follow me on Instagram @silverfashionista_official. See you next Saturday!